Easy to Select, Even Easier to Mount
Steps to follow in selecting your K-Coupling®
STANDARD | METRIC
- Determine the horsepower or wattage (torque) requirement of your application.
Allow for starting torque or unusual start/stop operation. Make sure the torque
requirement is within the K-Coupling® rating limits. See tables below.
- Determine the amount of space available for installing the coupling. Compare
this with the hub-to-hub and outside loop dimensions shown.
- Consider the shaft sizes involved and the amount of space between them, because
the required bore size on one hub sometimes differs from the other.
- Predetermine the maximum degree of angular and parallel misalignment for which
the coupling will have to compensate. Be sure your requirements are within the
- Decide whether a keyway will really be necessary. If so, they are available
at extra cost on series 5803 and 5804.
- Standard keyways:
1/8" for 1/2" shafts and 3/16" for 9/16" and 5/8" shafts.
3mm for 12mm shafts and 5mm for 14mm, 15mm and 16mm shafts.
- Recommended continuous operating temperature for the K-Coupling®
is 0°F (18°C) to 180°F (83°C) in most atmospheres, however consideration must be
given to exposure to solvents, chemicals, acids and gases.